General Overview of the Public Draft Groundwater Sustainabilty Plan (GSP)Download the Summary of the Public Draft WMA GSP (pdf)
- This slide deck provides a great general overview of the Public Draft Goundwater Sustainabilty Plan (GSP) for the Western Management Area (WMA) including the process involved to create this Draft GSP and the next steps to follow.
Public Draft Groundwater Sustainabilty Plan (GSP) for the Western Management Area of the Santa Ynez River Valley Groundwater BasinDownload the WMA GSP Public Draft (the Plan), dated September 2021 (441 pages)Download the WMA GSP Public Draft Figures/Appendices, dated September 2021 (643 pages)
- The PDF Bookmarks of the Plan are formatted with links to document pages. You can click on an item in the Table of Contents to be taken directly to that page of the document.
- This Public Draft GSP is a comprehensive science and data driven plan and is divided in two parts, the Plan and the Figures/Appendices, to assist in downloading. (Total pages: 1,084)
- Public Draft WMA GSP is open for public review and comment for from September 11, 2021 through October 26, 2021 (45 days).
The Public Comment Form:
- Deadline for public comments: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST
- Public comments are submitted, stored, reviewed and replied to via the online communications portal. You can post individual comments and/or upload a letter to this portal.
- If you are unable to access the online communications portal, please contact Bill Buelow (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Next Steps:
- Public comments on the Public Draft GSP, received during this public comment period, will be reviewed and considered for possible incorporation into the Final GSP.
- The WMA GSA Committee will adopt the Final GSP then will submit it to the State of California Department of Water Resources (DWR) by January 31, 2022.
- The Final GSP will then be posted to the DWR website for a 75-day public review and comment period. (Public comments go directly to DWR.)