Best Management Practices (BMP) for the Sustainable Management of Groundwater
These BMP documents were provided by California Department of Water Resources (DWR) Sustainable Groundwater Management Program to guide in creation of the Groundwater Sustainabilty Plan (GSP).
- Assist in the use and development of hydrogeologic conceptual models (HCM)
- This BMP includes the following sections:
- Use and Limitations
- HCM Fundamentals
- Relationship of HCM to other BMPs
- Technical Assistance
- Key Definitions
- Related Materials
- Describes activities, practices, and procedures for defining the sustainable management criteria required by the Groundwater Sustainability Plan Regulations (GSP Regulations).
- Characterizes the relationship between the different sustainable management criteria – the sustainability goal, undesirable results, minimum thresholds, and measurable objectives – and describes best management practices for developing these criteria as part of a Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP).