Groundwater: California's Vital Resource (What is groundwater? )
General Overview of the Public Draft Groundwater Sustainabilty Plan (GSP)Download the Summary of the Public Draft EMA GSP (pdf)
- This slide deck provides a great general overview of the Public Draft Goundwater Sustainabilty Plan (GSP) for the Eastern Management Area (EMA) including the process involved to create this Draft GSP and the next steps to follow.
Public Draft Groundwater Sustainabilty Plan (GSP) for the Eastern Management Area of the Santa Ynez River Valley Groundwater BasinDownload the Public Draft EMA GSP document (dated Sept. 8, 2021)
- Table of Contents is formatted with links to document pages. You can click on an item in the Table of Contents to be taken directly to that page of the document.
- This document is a comprehensive science and data driven plan. (939 pages)
- Public Draft EMAS GSP is open for public review and comment from September 9, 2021 through October 24, 2021 (45 days).
The Public Comment Form:
- COMMENT FORM
- Deadline for public comments: October 24, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST
- Public comments are submitted, stored, reviewed and replied to via the online communications portal. You can post individual comments and/or upload a letter to this portal.
- If you are unable to access the online communications portal, please contact Bill Buelow (email@example.com).
The Next Steps:
- Public comments on the Public Draft GSP, received during this public comment period, will be reviewed and considered for possible incorporation into the Final GSP.
- The EMA GSA Committee will adopt the Final GSP then will submit it to the State of California Department of Water Resources (DWR) by January 31, 2022.
- The Final GSP will then be posted to the DWR website for a 75-day public review and comment period. (Public comments go directly to DWR.)